- 1. Wildlife Sciences Mealworms Bird Feeder
- 2. Perky-Pet Dried Mealworm Bird Feeder with Flexports
- 3. Songbird Essentials Mealworm Feeder Blue/Grey
- 4. REZIPO Hummingbird Feeder with Perch
- 5. Muse Garden Hummingbird Feeder
- 6. Kingsyard Adjustable Platform Bird Feeder
- 7. Mosloly Bluebird Feeder
- 8. Kingsyard Glass Hummingbird Feeder for Outdoors Wild Bird Feeder with 6 Feeding Ports Hanging for Garden Yard, Blue (Ant Moat Included) 1 Blue
- 9. Kettle Moraine Cedar Hanging Bluebird Mealworm Feeder
- 10. JCs Wildlife Ultimate Enclosed Bluebird Feeder
- Bluebird Feeder Selection Tips
- Types of Bluebird Feeders
- Top Bluebird Feeder Brands
- Questions & Answers
The bluebird is among the most striking and beloved songbirds. The upper body and wings of the male have a rich, brilliant blue. It has a stunning orange and red throat and white on its belly. Similar in markings and size, the blue of the female is not as brilliant. She has a pale blue black color and the colors on her belly, chest and throat are more subdued; however, her beauty is still undeniable. The gorgeous colors of these birds are a welcome sight for many nature lovers as they are a clear sign that spring has sprung. To attract these incredible beauties to your yard in the spring and beyond, you can choose from the list of top bluebird feeders below:
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable bluebird feeder, the Wildlife Sciences Mealworms Bird Feeder is a great option.
- The stainless steel roof keeps the mealworms dry and secure.
- The locking roof height prevents larger birds from accessing the mealworms.
- The built-in hanger makes it easy to hang the feeder in a convenient location.
- The powder-coated mesh bowl may not be as durable as other materials.
- The feeder may be too small for larger bird species.
- The manual adjusting of the roof and basket may be tedious for some users.
The Wildlife Sciences Mealworms Bird Feeder is a great option for bluebird enthusiasts. The stainless steel roof keeps the mealworms dry and secure, while the locking roof height prevents larger birds from accessing the mealworms. The built-in hanger makes it easy to hang the feeder in a convenient location. However, the powder-coated mesh bowl may not be as durable as other materials, and the feeder may be too small for larger bird species. Additionally, manual adjusting of the roof and basket may be tedious for some users. Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable and durable bluebird feeder, the Wildlife Sciences Mealworms Bird Feeder is a great choice.
Looking for an easy way to attract bluebirds and other insect-eating birds to your yard? The Perky-Pet Dried Mealworm Bird Feeder with Flexports might just be the solution you need.
- Attracts bluebirds, woodpeckers, and other insect eaters
- Flexports prevent scatter and messes below the feeder
- Enclosed design keeps mealworms fresh and dry
- Small size may require frequent refilling
- Some birds may take time to discover the feeder
- Feeding ports may be too large for smaller birds
This feeder features patented Flexports that offer benefits for both birds and users. The flexible rubber port cover prevents clogging and allows birds to feed at an optimal position outside of the port, offering better visibility so they feel safer and stick around longer. The feeder also has more feeding angles than standard mealworm ports because they’re flexible.
To make cleaning a breeze, this feeder features a removable lid and a wide-mouth opening. Filling is also easy – simply add up to 3.5 oz of dried mealworms to the reservoir. A clear plastic reservoir allows you to monitor food levels at a glance.
While the small size of this feeder may require frequent refilling, it is a great way to attract a variety of insect-eating birds to your yard. Some birds may take time to discover the feeder, but once they do, they are sure to keep coming back for more. The feeding ports may be too large for smaller birds, but larger birds like bluebirds and woodpeckers will have no trouble dining at this unique feeder.
If you want to attract bluebirds to your garden, the Songbird Essentials Mealworm Feeder Blue/Grey could be a good option for you.
- Easy to clean
- Hinged top for easy filling with mealworms
- Bluebirds may take a while to use it
- Chain instead of hook
- Squirrels and other birds may steal the mealworms
The Songbird Essentials Mealworm Feeder Blue/Grey is well-built and easy to clean. Its hinged top makes it easy to fill with mealworms. However, bluebirds may take a while to use it, and the chain instead of a hook may cause the feeder to get knocked askew. Squirrels and other birds may also steal the mealworms.
If you’re looking for a durable and attractive feeder for bluebirds, the Songbird Essentials Mealworm Feeder Blue/Grey is a solid choice. However, keep in mind that it may take some time for bluebirds to start using it, and you may need to find a way to keep squirrels and other birds from stealing the mealworms.
If you’re looking for a beautiful and reliable hummingbird feeder, the REZIPO Hummingbird Feeder with Perch is a great option.
- The clear glass makes it easy to see when the feeder needs to be refilled and cleaned.
- The wide-mouth reservoir and two-part base make it easy to fill with nectar.
- The brushed copper glass and bright color make it attractive to hummingbirds.
- The innovative sealing ring doesn’t always prevent leaks.
- The feeder can be difficult to hold when washing and filling.
- The edge on the base is sharp and can be dangerous if not handled with care.
This hummingbird feeder is made of hand-blown glass and has a 38 fluid ounce nectar capacity. It comes with a metal hook, ant moat, cotton lanyard, and small brush for cleaning. The foot perch allows the birds to sit and enjoy their meal.
While the feeder is beautiful and attracts hummingbirds, some users have reported issues with leaks and difficulty holding it when washing and filling. However, with proper care and handling, this feeder can be a great addition to your garden or backyard.
If you’re looking for a beautiful and convenient hummingbird feeder, the Muse Garden Hummingbird Feeder is a great option.
- The colorful glass design is attractive and can attract more hummingbirds to your yard.
- The feeder comes with a user manual, ant moat, S hook, hemp rope, and brush, making it easy to assemble, fill, and clean.
- The feeder is leak-proof and rust-proof, with an upgraded thicker gasket design to prevent nectar from leaking and improved metal finish and coating on the covering to prevent rusting.
- The feeder ports are smaller than other models, which may make it difficult for larger hummingbirds to feed.
- The feeder’s base can be difficult to unscrew for cleaning.
- The feeder’s recycled materials may not be as durable as other materials.
This hummingbird feeder is a great gift idea for bird lovers and gardeners. It includes an ant guard and bee-proof metal base to keep unwanted visitors away from the nectar. With a worry-free return and exchange policy within 30 days of receiving it, you can enjoy a worry-free experience.
If you’re looking for a bird feeder that’s easy to use, durable, and can attract a wide variety of birds, the Kingsyard Adjustable Platform Bird Feeder is a great option.
- The adjustable design allows you to control the size of visiting birds.
- The rust-proof metal base maintains balance, even in windy weather.
- Built-in drainage holes keep seeds fresh.
- The feeder may attract squirrels, despite the spinning system in the top.
- The metal base may rust over time.
- The feeder may not be suitable for larger birds.
This bird feeder is designed to attract a variety of birds to your backyard. The adjustable platform allows you to control the size of visiting birds, while the rust-proof metal base maintains balance, even in windy weather. The built-in drainage holes keep seeds fresh, so you don’t have to worry about mold or mildew.
One potential downside of this feeder is that it may attract squirrels, despite the spinning system in the top. Additionally, the metal base may rust over time, which could affect the feeder’s durability. Finally, the feeder may not be suitable for larger birds, which may have trouble perching on the platform.
Overall, if you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-use bird feeder that can attract a variety of birds, the Kingsyard Adjustable Platform Bird Feeder is a great choice.
If you’re looking for a durable and weatherproof bluebird feeder that can also keep squirrels and larger birds out, the Mosloly Bluebird Feeder might be a good choice.
- The square cage design is effective at keeping out larger birds and squirrels.
- The heavy-duty stainless and iron construction and thick roof lid protect the bird seed outside from rain and snow.
- The feeder is detachable and easy to install and clean, and you can also DIY put smaller bird feeders inside.
- Some reviewers have reported issues with starlings being able to squeeze through the cage and access the birdseed.
- Assembly can be a bit confusing, and some parts may break during installation.
- The feeder’s large size and weight may make it difficult to hang in some locations.
This bluebird feeder’s caged design and weatherproof construction make it a solid option for those looking to attract bluebirds while keeping out larger birds and squirrels. However, some users have reported issues with starlings accessing the birdseed, and assembly can be a bit tricky. Overall, if you’re looking for a sturdy and durable bluebird feeder, the Mosloly Bluebird Feeder is worth considering.
8. Kingsyard Glass Hummingbird Feeder for Outdoors Wild Bird Feeder with 6 Feeding Ports Hanging for Garden Yard, Blue (Ant Moat Included) 1 Blue
If you’re looking for an attractive and functional hummingbird feeder, the Kingsyard Glass Hummingbird Feeder is a great option.
- The high-quality nectar glass container has a nice shape and 6 flower-shaped feeding ports, making it an attractive addition to any garden.
- The super wide mouth bottle design makes it easy to refill and clean, and the whole feeder can be disassembled smoothly for easy cleaning.
- The built-in durable gasket and unique design make the base connection proper and seamless, ensuring that the feeder is leakproof.
- Some customers have reported that the ant moat is not very effective at keeping ants away.
- The feeder is a bit heavy when full, so it may not be suitable for all hanging locations.
- The glass container is fragile and may break if dropped.
If you’re looking for a hummingbird feeder that is both attractive and functional, the Kingsyard Glass Hummingbird Feeder is a great choice. The high-quality nectar glass container has a nice shape and 6 flower-shaped feeding ports, making it an attractive addition to any garden. The feeder is also easy to refill and clean, with a super wide mouth bottle design that allows for easy access. Additionally, the built-in durable gasket and unique design make the base connection proper and seamless, ensuring that the feeder is leakproof.
However, some customers have reported that the ant moat is not very effective at keeping ants away, which may be a concern for some users. Additionally, the feeder is a bit heavy when full, so it may not be suitable for all hanging locations. Finally, the glass container is fragile and may break if dropped, so care should be taken when handling the feeder. Overall, though, the Kingsyard Glass Hummingbird Feeder is a great option for anyone looking for an attractive and functional feeder for their garden.
If you’re looking for a durable and well-made bluebird feeder, the Kettle Moraine Cedar Hanging Bluebird Mealworm Feeder is a great option.
- Made in the USA with solid cedar and stainless steel screw construction
- Stainless steel hanging cable for easy installation
- Hinged roof for easy filling and cleaning, with plexiglass viewing windows
- Some customers have had difficulty getting bluebirds to enter the feeder when the panels are in place
- Large birds may be able to access the feeder if the plexiglass panels are removed
- Some customers have reported that bluebirds are spooked by their reflection on the plexiglass panels
The Kettle Moraine Cedar Hanging Bluebird Mealworm Feeder is a well-made and durable option for attracting bluebirds to your yard. The feeder is made in the USA with solid cedar and stainless steel screw construction, ensuring that it will last for years to come. The stainless steel hanging cable makes it easy to install the feeder wherever you like, and the hinged roof and plexiglass viewing windows make it easy to fill and clean.
While some customers have had difficulty getting bluebirds to enter the feeder when the plexiglass panels are in place, others have found that removing one of the panels can help. However, this does open up the feeder to larger, more aggressive birds. Additionally, some customers have reported that bluebirds are spooked by their reflection on the plexiglass panels, so it may take some trial and error to find the best way to attract bluebirds to the feeder. Overall, the Kettle Moraine Cedar Hanging Bluebird Mealworm Feeder is a great choice for anyone looking to attract these beautiful birds to their yard.
If you’re looking for a bluebird feeder that keeps starlings and bully birds out, the JCs Wildlife Ultimate Enclosed Bluebird Feeder is a great option.
- The fully enclosed design with 16 entrance holes allow bluebirds to feast without allowing larger birds in.
- The feeder is made in the USA using acrylic and sustainable recycled poly lumber, making it both durable and eco-friendly.
- With four jars that can hold up to 2 cups of dried mealworms, this feeder is perfect for attracting bluebirds to your backyard.
- Some birds may be hesitant to enter the feeder at first, so it may take a bit of time to attract bluebirds.
- The feeder may be difficult to clean due to its enclosed design.
- The feeder is on the pricier side compared to other bluebird feeders on the market.
If you’re willing to invest in a high-quality bluebird feeder that is both effective and eco-friendly, the JCs Wildlife Ultimate Enclosed Bluebird Feeder is a great choice. Its fully enclosed design ensures that only bluebirds can access the mealworms, while the four jars allow for plenty of food to be stored. However, the feeder may take some time to attract bluebirds, and its enclosed design may make it difficult to clean.
Bluebird Feeder Selection Tips
The type of bird feeder determines the kind of birds you attract. Choosing bluebird feeders is essential since you want to ensure you get the right kind. Aside from quality, also consider the brand you choose to purchase your feeders from. A feeder that is easy to fill, empty and clean ensures that you always feed the bluebirds fresh food and that you refill in good time. If you choose to go with a plastic feeder, ensure that it has a metal reinforcement or a replaceable dowel.
For bluebird birdhouses made from wood, consider going for those made from cedar. The birdhouse should also be stained to prevent moisture from damaging it. To accommodate the number or bluebirds you attract, you need to ensure you purchase enough feeders so that they are not crowded around one. It is no secret that the two main things that attract bluebirds are food and habitat, remember to leave dead trees around your backyard as well. The feeders you choose should be designed with wire cage or plexiglass to allow you to observe as the birds feed.
Types of Bluebird Feeders
There are many different types of bluebird feeders in the market, and some can be used to feed other bird species other than bluebirds.
• Dome and platform feeders
These are feeders with a dome over a sauce. This design is suitable for winter months as the dome keeps the food from getting wet. Besides, the sauce has small holes for drainage so that in case some water gets to the food; it dries out fairly quickly. These feeders are suitable as they ensure the bluebird food does not go bad. These are used to feed bluebirds mealworms, suet, sunflower hearts and even dried softened fruits. The simple design of these feeders allows you to have an easy time maintaining them. The material used should be clear so that the birds have an easy time finding the worms. The design ensures that even live worms cannot escape from the platform.
• Dishes that Snap-in and Out of Place
These make cleaning and refilling easy. They are small dishes with a hanging hook that is used to place the feeder on trees or mounting poles. These feeders are most suitable for treats and live worm since the smooth polycarbonate walls don’t allow the worms to crawl out. Ensure you choose one made from durable material so that they don’t break from being in the sun all day.
• Bluebird Birdhouses
Bluebirds are among the few bird species known to enter birdhouses. There birdhouses designed with bluebirds in mind. They have small sized holes that act as entry and exit points. Since the holes are small, bigger birds who also feed on worms won’t be able to enter. Besides, the walls are made of durable plexiglass to ensure that bluebirds can find the worms and you also get to observe them as they feed. Ensure the screws used are stainless steel so that they don’t rust from being in the rain all the time. The solid construction of these birdhouses allows you to use them for an extended period.
• Trays Window Feeders
Trayse multi-purpose feeders that can also be used to feed ground feeders. Since bluebirds are not ground feeders, ensure the tray is hanged from a mounting pole or tree. Spread the worms on top of the tray to attract the birds. Ensure that the trays you purchase have small holes on them so that when it rains the birds don’t sit on standing water. This also allows the worms to dry out so that they don’t go bad. Window feeders, on the other hand, can be placed by your window so that you can watch the bluebirds even when you are inside the house.
Top Bluebird Feeder Brands
The quality of bluebird feeders is an important aspect to consider when making purchases. Making purchases from top bluebird feeder bands ensures that you get value from your money. Even though birdfeeders can be used across different species, it is recommended that you also purchase those manufactured with bluebirds in mind. Choosing birdfeeder brands who specialize in bluebird feeders allows you to get suitable products that cater to the needs of the birds. There are quite a number of top brands to choose from including but not limited to;
• Birds Choice
• Strokes Select
• Kettle Moraine
• Perky Pet
• Songbird Essentials
• Nature’s Hangout
Whether you want a feeder that easily snaps in and out of the holder or one with a dome to protect the food from rain, choosing your feeder from a well-reputed manufacturer guarantees a good price to value ratio.
The advantage of purchasing bluebird-specific feeders from a reputable brand is that other birds will not deplete the bluebirds’ food supply. Many bird species feed on warms and purchasing a multipurpose feeder that can be accessed by other birds does not help with your attempts to attract bluebirds to your backyard.
Price is an important aspect to consider when buying bluebird feeders. Even though it is essential to choose affordable feeders, ensure you don’t sacrifice quality in the process. High-quality birdfeeders manufactured by well-reputed guarantee a good price to quality ratio. You get to buy durable and long lasting products without breaking the bank.
You also need to consider your preference and how much you are willing to spend on a particular brand. Recommendations from neighbours and friends who also feed bluebirds will help you narrow down your choices. Purchasing from an online retailer with affordable shipping fees ensures that your order is delivered to your door. Remember to also purchase cleaning supplies to ensure that the feeders are always clean and fresh.
Questions & Answers
How Do I Attract Bluebirds to my Feeder?
Once you purchase bluebird feeders, you need to attract them to the feeders. First off, you need to understand that bluebirds are insectivorous birds that also feed on berries and worms.
Bluebirds love to bathe and having water points around your backyard is a sure way of attracting them to the feeders. They especially love moving water and having fountains and springers will be even more enticing. Ensure that the water is clean and fresh so that they are not harmed when they drink it.
• Nesting and Roosting Sites
Leaving trees around the backyard is another tip that helps you attract bluebirds to your feeders since they are cavity-nesting birds.
• Berries and Other Fruits
Aside from worms and insects, bluebirds also feed on berries. Consider planting trees and shrubs around the yard so that the birds have a supplementary source of food.
• Have a Chemical Free Yard
Using insecticides kills insects that bluebirds feed on. Ensure you have a chemical-free yard to ensure the bluebirds can eat spiders, grasshoppers and other insects.
Roaming cats are known to eat bluebirds so, ensuring you are aware of roaming birds keeps the bluebirds safe. Also, ensure that the grass is kept short so that the birds have an easy time hunting the insects.
What is the Best Food to Feed Bluebirds?
Bluebirds love to feed on worms, insects and berries. Aside from purchasing mealworm from credible pet stores or bait stores, also consider planting shrubs and trees that produce different kinds of berries. Keeping the grass low allows the birds to hunt for insects. No to forget plenty of water to drink and bathe as well. Other foods you can feed bluebirds include suet, sunflower hearts, softened dried fruits and diced berries.
For suet, you can use beet suet, peanut butter, quick oats, yellow cornmeal and all-purpose flour to make suet dough. Flying and non-flying insects you can feed these birds include grasshoppers, crickets, beetles, ants and spiders.
What Kind Of Bird Seed Do Bluebirds Like?
Aside from worms, insects and berries, these birds also feed on sunflower hears.
How Do You Get Bluebirds to Eat Mealworms?
Bluebirds love mealworms, and all you have to do to is ensure they are fresh. You can either feed these birds live worms or dried worms. Fo dried worms, ensure you use feeders with good drainage so that the food does not go bad. Aside from the quality of the food, you also want to use suitable feeders that allow the birds to access the food easily. Consider bluebird birdhouses with entry and exit points. The birdhouses should be made of transparent glass so that they see the worms.
Attracting bluebirds to your backyard requires you to provide them with habitat, food and water. Purchasing feeders from reputable brands ensure that you use them for an extended period.